TA Cloning Vectors - Reply

pzkok at FLINDERS.EDU.AU pzkok at FLINDERS.EDU.AU
Sun Feb 19 04:01:38 EST 1995

>Hi Klas,
>a related question,
>do you know what would be the optimal phasing in order to create a TA cloning
vector such that the resulting
>cloned PCR product would be (frequently) in a particular reading frame?
>ie can one assume that a single T predominates on the vector and a single A on
the PCR product?

>Cal Vary

Hi Cal and netters

We have been sequencing a couple of ligations with two T:s but in most cases a
single T is found. So, yes, you can assume that a single T predominates but
using it for in-frame ligations for expression will involve sequencing
your ligation site. However, if you want to be sure of having one T on a vector
I think that most commercials vector use an enzyme which will create a single
T.

"I wake in the morning and step outside
 I take a deep breath and get real high
 and I scream from the top of my lungs