Silanised Glass Wool.

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcs260c2.ncifcrf.gov
Fri Feb 17 14:52:30 EST 1995

: Could someone please post the reference for the "Isolation of DNA from
: agarose gels using silanised glass wool" protocol.

| Recently in Biotechniques an alternative to glss wool is to use polymer wool
| aquarium filter material. Dirt cheap, autoclavable and even binds less DNA
| than siliconized glass wool. Don't ask for the reference 'cos I don't know
| other than Biotechniques in the last few months.

@article{Levine1994,
author = "R. A. Levine",
title = "Aquarium filter floss: an alternative to
silanized glass wool as a porous support matrix",
journal = "BioTechniques",
volume = "17",
number = "1",
pages = "67",