SDS Removal

jd89 Jan_B_DEJARNETTE at UMAIL.UMD.EDU
Mon Feb 20 21:28:59 EST 1995

Greetings,
     I'm working with a hemolytic protein and routinely use RBC overlays of
native gels to visualize activity.  What I would like to do is now run SDS
polyacrylamide gels and overlay them with RBCs but I need some advice on how
to get rid of the SDS.  I tried washing one gel with a soln containing
casein hydrolysate (the original recipe called for casein) but saw lysis in
all protein areas then saw complete lysis throughout the overlay.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.
                                      Thanks in advance,
                                      Jan