Extinction coefficients - DNA/RNA

Warren Frank Lamboy wfl1 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 20 19:55:47 EST 1995

Dear Netters:  Could someone please tell me where I can find published
extinction coefficients for DNA (ss, ds) and RNA, at least for 260nm and
280nm, but preferably also at 230 nm and 320nm?  I have tried BIOSIS
searches, CRC Handbook, etc.  I understand that the coefficients may be
different at different pH's, etc., but I need a place to start.  Thank you
in advance for any help you may be able to offer me.

Warren F. Lamboy                            "It's easy if you know how to
Dept. of Horticultural Sciences and          do it, but it's impossible if
   USDA-ARS Plant Genetic Resources Unit     you don't know how to do it."
Cornell University
Geneva, NY 14456-0462
warren_lamboy at cornell.edu