Extinction coefficients - DNA/RNA

Warren Frank Lamboy wfl1 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 20 19:55:47 EST 1995

Dear Netters:  Could someone please tell me where I can find published
extinction coefficients for DNA (ss, ds) and RNA, at least for 260nm and
280nm, but preferably also at 230 nm and 320nm?  I have tried BIOSIS
searches, CRC Handbook, etc.  I understand that the coefficients may be
different at different pH's, etc., but I need a place to start.  Thank you
in advance for any help you may be able to offer me.

--
Warren F. Lamboy                            "It's easy if you know how to
Dept. of Horticultural Sciences and          do it, but it's impossible if
warren_lamboy at cornell.edu