Accession # or Sequence name

vitor warwar vwarwar at
Tue Feb 21 14:33:44 EST 1995

     Hi all:

     I would like yo know what is the best way to refer to a
sequence. Sequence number (that was assigned by the sequence database
builders) or sequence name? When to use one or the other? Moreover,
what about the NCBI Seq ID? This last one seems to me as the best
because it  always represents the latest on a sequence. By the other
hand, I do not see a lot of publications with it.

     Thanks in advance for any help.

     Vitor Warwar / 406 Plant Sciences Hall / University of Nebraska
     Lincoln NE 68593-0722 / USA / vwarwar at