Protocols/References for Genomic PCR?

Wed Feb 22 15:31:07 EST 1995

Greetings, everyone!

	Hey, I found the PCR newsgroup!  Well, down to business.  I have
been told by a few people that recent technological advances now allow
the PCR amplification of fragments up to 10 Kb directly from genomic DNA.
Of course, none of these people can give me a citation for this information.
I'd like to amplify a section of genomic DNA from a mammalian cell line,
and I expect it to be about 6.7 Kb long.  Can anyone help me accomplish
this task?  Specific references and protocols would be very helpful.

	Thanks in advance.

--
Unique ID : Ladasky, John Joseph Jr.
Title     : BA Biochemistry, U.C. Berkeley, 1989