Ultrasonic ligations??

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcs260c2.ncifcrf.gov
Fri Feb 24 16:14:59 EST 1995

 Glen Shearer <gshearer at whale.st.usm.edu> writes:

| I recently heard someone mention that ligations done in tubes placed
| in an ultrasonic cleaner work much faster than the typical overnights;
| e.g., 15 min for blunt ligations.
|
| Anybody have first hand experience with this?

Some time ago there was a debate over whether this was as efficient as
just leaving your ligations on the bench at room temperature for 15 minutes.

For a review of this topic published in TIBS, you can get the ASCII version
of the manuscript from my FTP site like this:

ftp ftp.ncifcrf.gov

> Connected to fcs280s.NCIFCRF.GOV.
> 220 fcs280s FTP server (Version 2.0WU(16) Thu May 13 12:11:19 EDT 1993) ready.
> Name (ftp.ncifcrf.gov:pnh):

anonymous (type in "anonymous")

> 331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
> Password:

yourname at location.edu (enter your e-mail address)

ftp> cd pub/methods/TIBS
ftp> get nov93.txt