pET expression system

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Fri Feb 24 15:51:37 EST 1995

Marc Visconti (scontz at passport.ca) wrote:
> I would like to know if there is anyone using the pET expression system
> from Novogen.  I am currently trying to express and purify a 80 kDa protein
> using  pET-30a plasmid in BL21 lys.  In terms of expression, I get
> increadible induction, however my yield is very low.

You mean you see lots of mRNA but very little protein? This can indeed
happen for reasons I don't know. Some proteins cannot be expressed in
high amounts in E. coli.

Sorry,
--Cornelius.

--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Abt. Lohse, Genzentrum, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany  */
/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795  */