Help with Chemical Mis-match detection

SMALLM at PBS.DFO.CA SMALLM at PBS.DFO.CA
Fri Feb 24 13:11:51 EST 1995

Hello,
	Is any one using Osmium tetroxide and hydroxylamine to detect
mismatches among hybrid DNA?  I have been trying to confirm that
chemical cleavage occurs at the mismatched DNAs but have only
succeeded in blasting the DNA to bits.  If anyone knows of anyone
using this technique, I would greatly appreciate any information on
this process.  I have been following the published protocols quite
religiously with no success and need to get in contact with the folks
who actually do the lab work.  Thanks for any help.  Mo Small