GENOMIC DNA PROBES

Chris Barry chbarry at ucdavis.edu
Sun Feb 26 22:44:05 EST 1995

Does anyone have a solution for my problem. I have a set of original
DNA probes that are labeled and used for FISH. There is no problem
of specific hybridization with this set of probes. When I make copies
of them, however, the PCR products do not bind specifically (if at all).
I have ruled out contamination of the probes, insufficient incorporation
of label, and defective label. The same problem occurs regardless of
the label I use (flourochrome, DIG, BIO, etc.). I get good yields
of PCR product and in the same mol weight range as the original probes.
Has anyone had a similar experience and how did you fix it?

					Thanks
					Chris Barry