pET vs. pTrcHis vs. pQE?

Dale Yuzuki's Work Account dale at JWCI.ORG
Sun Feb 26 23:48:05 EST 1995

I've expressed a recombinant antigen using Qiagen's pQE system. However,
in expressing a related protein (80% homology to the first) I'm getting
extremely low levels of protein. Currently we would like to use another
system, either Invitrogen's pTrcHis or Novagen's pET vectors. Any
suggestions, biases, other things to consider? I'd like to hear any
opinions and suggestions - using any His-tagged system as that's what
I'm using now.

Thanks in advance!
dy
- Dale Yuzuki M.A. M.Ed. - John Wayne Cancer Inst. - dale at jwci.org -   __@
- 2200 Santa Monica Blvd - Santa Monica CA 90404   - (310) 449-5267 _ -\<'_
- I cannot live without books. Thomas Jefferson                    (_)-/-(_)