E.coli genome sequencing project

Richard_Heath heath at mbcf.stjude.org
Mon Feb 27 12:04:27 EST 1995

I'm not sure what the lag is, but the stuff does seem to be getting into the
Genbank database: there is a huge contig spanning about 3 mins in the 89-92 min
region deposited as (locus name) ECOUW89... I beleive that Kenneth Rudd (at the
NIH) is maintaining a database known as EcoSeq for more immediate results and
compiling the contigs as the gaps get filled. This database is not currently
very available - I would suggest that you ask him!  There is an article
describing this project in a fairly recent ASM news (can't remember which one),
and he has a chapter in Miller's "A Short course in Bacterial Genetics".  I
think he was investigating the possibility of putting EcoSeq online - I hope he
does ;-)

Best wishes,

Richard Heath