Okazaki fragments -- in Thermicus aquaticus?

Tue Feb 28 14:44:34 EST 1995

Greetings, everyone,

	I was just wondering.  Since Thermicus aquaticus (the bacterium
that gave us Taq polymerase) lives at 72 degrees C, how does it prime its
DNA replication?  It seems to me that the synthesis of an Okazaki fragment
on the lagging strand would somehow have to be "protected" in order that
it remains annealed.  Any thoughts?  Has any reseach been done?

	By the way, if someone can think of a better newsgroup in which
to discuss this issue, we can move.

--
Unique ID : Ladasky, John Joseph Jr.
Title     : BA Biochemistry, U.C. Berkeley, 1989