HA epitope/immunogold

Jonathan W. Jarvik jj03+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jan 4 11:41:25 EST 1995

We have tagged a number of proteins in Chlamydomonas with the HA epitope
and have obtained some pretty immunofluorescence results.  Now we want
to move to immuno-EM.  Any advice/experience will be appreciated.  How
robust has the epitope proved to be?  Has anyone successfully stained
epon/araldite sections?  LR White?  Lowacryl?  Has anyone had the nerve
to try immunostaining after osmication?  We can do cryo if needed, but
would rather not.  Thanks.  Jon Jarvik, Carnegie Mellon University