FTIR of DNA

Gabriel Akopian akopian at cheshire.oxy.edu.
Thu Jan 5 17:22:47 EST 1995

	If anybody out there has experience with FTIR of DNA, and or
making DNA samples for spectroscopic investigation, could you please send
a protocol of DNA sample preparation.  Specifically, I have read from
published material, that most FTIR investigators of DNA make a 2% to 7%
w/w solution using .1M NaCl solution.  I've tried this, and have only
managed to get a gel instead of a homogeneous liquidy solution.  We cannot
use this gel, since our FTIR is equiped with an ATR Circle Cell.  Use of a
gel creates unknown conditions in the chamber, especially since we do not
know if bubbles are present, and whether or not adsorbtion onto the
crystal takes place.  Thanks in advance.