Microwave colony lysis

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Thu Jan 5 16:23:40 EST 1995

 In article <3ehkt2$jgg at server.st.usm.edu>
 gshearer at whale.st.usm.edu (Glen Shearer) writes:

> Anyone tried the InVitrogen kit to do plaque and colony lifts
> to screen libraries in which the filter lifts are put in the
> microwave oven to lyse the cells & fix the DNA to the filter
> (nylon filters since nc would blow up!).
>
> Glen
> [gshearer at whale.st.usm.edu]

Kit? Kit? We don't need no steeeeinking kit ;-)
This seems to work very well except that the filters
placed in between the membranes are not necessary...

@article{Buluwela1989,
author = "L. Buluwela
     and A. Forster
     and T. Boehm
     and T. H. Rabbitts",
title = "A rapid procedure for colony screening using nylon membranes",
journal = "Nucleic Acids Res.",
volume = "17",
number = "1",
pages = "452",
comment = "colony hybridization using microwave",
year = "1989"}

-Paul.

* - - -  Methods FAQ list -> http://www.ncifcrf.gov:2001/~pnh/info.html - - - *