RNA isolation without phenol

WUSC wusc at bscr.uga.edu
Mon Jan 9 11:09:55 EST 1995

In article <agpfxm-0901951616130001 at gra79.grasslands.cri.nz>, agpfxm at pnv.palm.cri.nz (Ferenc Marincs) writes:
>In article <3enkje$68i at dns1.NMSU.Edu>, smori at nmsu.edu (Shahram Mori) wrote:
>
>> Richard Dana (rcdana at crash.cts.com) wrote:
>> : I have had recent success with methods to isolate clean RNA without phenol.
>> : I would like to know of others who have similar procedures and have good
>> : downstream results.
>> : Most of my current research is in plant RNA.
>>
>> : Richard Dana
>> : rcdana at crash.cts.com
>>
>> : I am a scientist at a biotech company in North San Diego County.
>> : I would like to share my results with interested scientists in academia
>> : and in biotech companies.
>>
>> I would like to see your method, if you don't mind.
>> Cheers
>> --
>> Shahram Mori                                       _/\_
>> Program in Molecular Biology                      _\  /_
>> Dept. of chemistry and Biochemistry Box 3C        \_  _/
>> NMSU  Las Cruces NM                                 ||
>> 88003
>
>I would like to have the method too.
Dear Rich:
I'm one of the many who are very interested in your "non-phenol RNA extraction"
method.  I believe it will be beneficial to every one (including yourself!)
that you make your protocol public.  The truely reliable  "non-phenol" method
that I know of is the one from QIAGEN.  They call it RNeasy Total RNA Kits, by
the way.  I hope this information is useful and will appreciate your feedback.
Sheng-Cheng wu
"wusc at bscr.uga.edu"