Biotin labeling of 200mer

Peter Alliger u7q11aa at
Tue Jan 10 11:42:57 EST 1995

In article
<Jonathan_Kurtis-0901952021290001 at>
Jonathan_Kurtis at (Jonathan Kurtis) writes:

> I need to label a 200mer PCR product for a non-radioactive detection in
> Southerns and library screening. I know of several kits to do this. I was
> wondering if it is possible to label the probe during the amplification
> with biotin derivitized nucleotides ?? will Taq incorporate such
> nucleotides ? thanks, jake
> --
> Jonathan Kurtis
> International Health Institute
> Brown University Box G-8033
> Providence, RI  02912

I am sure Taq-polymerase does use Dig-dUTP, so you could use this for
On the other hand several enzymes like terminal transferase, polymerase
I or klenow enzyme use biotynilated nucleotides (see clonetech
One more way to get biotynilated DNA is to use biotynilated primers for

good luck

Peter Alliger, Ph.D.
Institute for Immunology                 home address:
University of Munich
Goethestr. 31                           Maximilian-Wetzger-Str.7
D-80336 Munich, Germany                 D-80636 Munich, Germany

Phone:(49-89)5996-673                   (49-89)183426
Fax:  (49-89)5160-2236