Biotin labeling of 200mer

Peter Alliger u7q11aa at sunmail.lrz-muenchen.de
Tue Jan 10 11:42:57 EST 1995

In article
<Jonathan_Kurtis-0901952021290001 at poncho-slip11.cis.brown.edu>
Jonathan_Kurtis at Brown.edu (Jonathan Kurtis) writes:

> I need to label a 200mer PCR product for a non-radioactive detection in
> Southerns and library screening. I know of several kits to do this. I was
> wondering if it is possible to label the probe during the amplification
> with biotin derivitized nucleotides ?? will Taq incorporate such
> nucleotides ? thanks, jake
>
> --
> Jonathan Kurtis
>
> International Health Institute
> Brown University Box G-8033
> Providence, RI  02912

I am sure Taq-polymerase does use Dig-dUTP, so you could use this for
screeneing.
On the other hand several enzymes like terminal transferase, polymerase
I or klenow enzyme use biotynilated nucleotides (see clonetech
catalogue).
One more way to get biotynilated DNA is to use biotynilated primers for
PCR.

good luck

pit

Peter Alliger, Ph.D.
Institute for Immunology                 home address:
University of Munich
Goethestr. 31                           Maximilian-Wetzger-Str.7
D-80336 Munich, Germany                 D-80636 Munich, Germany

Phone:(49-89)5996-673                   (49-89)183426
Fax:  (49-89)5160-2236