Purification of a transcription factor

Jean-Yves Masson massonjy at rsvs.ulaval.ca
Tue Jan 10 20:48:57 EST 1995

Dear netters,

	Since I enjoy this section, here I come again with another
question. I am currently working on the purification of a DNA-binding
protein. I know exactly which sequence my protein binds. My intention is
to purify it using columns coupled with mutated oligo (to remove all the
non-specific interactions) followed by a column containing the WT oligo.

	Here is my questions: What is the best protocol or system to
purify a DNA-binding protein using oligonucleotides coupled to a matrix ?
Also, what is the best way to couple an oligonucleotide to a cellulose or
other matrix ???

Thanks in advance

Jean-Yves Masson
massonjy at rsvs.ulaval.ca