beta-gal activity

Martin Leach leach at
Wed Jan 11 19:11:33 EST 1995

In article <3f0tin$9tr at>,
altschul at PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE (Danny Altshuler) wrote:

> Does anyone have a good reliable protocol for beta-gal activity. I'm
> using it as a reporter for transcription assays. Thanks, Danny

I have several...the most sensitive is using the b-gal chemiluminescence
kit...made by measure light emitted in a luminometer.

Barring that you can use the less-sensitive spectrophotometric method...

email me for more details on either.

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
p.s. try BioMOO (virtual biology on the internet - telnet 8888)
My home page: