mRNA isolation by immunopre

Stephen Deitz deitz_s at DEFIANCE.HSC.COLORADO.EDU
Wed Jan 11 12:57:26 EST 1995

                      mRNA isolation by immunoprecipitation
Hi, everybody.
     I'm trying to clone the gene for a protein for which I have antibodies and
I'm thinking of trying to isolate the mRNA by immunopreciptation of the nascent
protein from an in vitro translation reaction.  Hopefully, I will be able to
isolate ribosomes that contain the mRNA for this protein and then I can make a
cDNA by using oligo-dT.
     Has anybody out there done this sort of thing and, if so, do you have any
suggestions on how to proceed?
     Thanks.
     Steve Deitz  (deitz_s at defiance.hsc.colorado.edu)