Catalase inhibitors ?

ahillar at your-servername.Lan1.UManitoba.CA ahillar at your-servername.Lan1.UManitoba.CA
Thu Jan 12 12:43:51 EST 1995

In article <3eljjb$kh8 at> <reichhart at> writes:

>Dear all

>Does anybody know about a catalase inhibitor for whole cells (in tissue
>culture medium) and how to use it.

>        Best Regards,

>                *****  Jean-Marc REICHHART  *****
>                   IBMC   15,rue Reni Descartes
>                    67084-Strasbourg   FRANCE
>              Tel. 88 41 70 34      fax 88 60 69 22
>                  reichhart at

You can check the specifics yourself, but a paper I've come across mentions
that they inhibited the catalase activity of cultured rat hepatocytes by
pretreatment with 20mM aminotriazole without effect on the viability of the
cells over the subsequent 24hrs. See P.E. Starke and J.L. Farber,  J. Biol.
Chem.,1985,  260(1):86-92.

Dept. Microbiology
Univ. of Manitoba
ahillar at