Green Fluo. Prot.

PJOB obrien at pharm.med.upenn.edu
Fri Jan 13 10:15:53 EST 1995

In article <3f4gbe$mjt at mark.ucdavis.edu>, dobates at ucdavis.edu (Dave Bates)
wrote:

I have successfully used GFP for FACS analysis.  The protein was cloned
into pRK7 and put (transiently) into COS-1 or HEK 293 cells by DEAE
transfection.  I get 20-36% efficiency (usually at the higher end of this
range) and very strong fluorescence using the FITC filter.  Looking at
these cells by IF microscopy was problematic because of the abundant
autofluorescent garbage these cells produce when grown on slides.

Peter

--
Opinions seen here are channeled to me by a Ring-Tailed Lemur named Oxnyx