Seq.plates problem (continued)

bckraev bckraev at aeolus.ethz.ch
Sun Jan 15 10:30:29 EST 1995

Sorry, I was interrrupted while I was entering the previous posting.

One more observation is the following : the gel indeed does not stick to
the right plate, no matter treated  or not, if it was run too hot.
The companies usually state approximate wattage values, because the actual
gel temperature ( unless you are a proud possessor of one of the latest
power supplies that directly sense the gel temperature! ) is dependent of
a number of factors, that are hard to predict ( e.g. location of the gel
device, ambient temperature, strong air currents etc ). So, you may need
a little adjustment to achieve 50 C ( or use a temperature sensor for
direct control during the run ).
Hope this helps