PEG solutions?

Andre Hamel hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jan 16 18:51:47 EST 1995

I recommend filter sterilization (0.2 um filter unit) instead of
autoclaving, and storing in sterile glass bottles.

Regarding 50% w/v solutions ... takes a few hours to dissolve. Thus,
start early in morning ... if stirring overnight, tightly cover opening of
vessel (erlenmyer flask is preferred)  with clingy plastic (Saran-type) wrap.

cheers,

  Andre Hamel                      email: hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
  Manitoba Government                         tel: 204/945-7630
  Department of Agriculture                   FAX: 204/945-8062
  Veterinary Services Branch
  Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA