Sequencing plates problem

Benoit_Hebert at IAF.UQUEBEC.CA Benoit_Hebert at IAF.UQUEBEC.CA
Mon Jan 16 23:29:18 EST 1995

Fabrice PARMENTIER LESAGE (parmentf at MERCK.BCH.UMONTREAL.CA) wrote:
> I am using S2 Sequencing System BRL 0.4 mm. I have to dry the gel on the
> plate. When I disassemble the gel sandwich, it doesn't stick on the
> proper plate (even if the other plate has been siliconized). Even if the
> gel sticks on one plate, it does not stick enough. When I wash the gel
> it often slips away from the plate and the same thing happens when I try
> to dry it with a hair dryer.
> If you have any ideas how I could treat the plates before pouring the gel
> please let me know.

We silanized one plate and use an anti-adhesize on the other. We spray some
"PAM" (yes, this is not a joke) on a J cloth and then wipe the plate. Use the
regular PAM, not the olive oil based one... ;) You may want to try the
low-calorie version for thinner gels. (I had to say this... !)

Benoit

Benoit_Hebert at iaf.uquebec.ca

Armand-Frappier Institute
Virology Research Center