Pfu

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Mon Jan 16 22:14:56 EST 1995

Domingos henrique (D_henrique at icrf.icnet.uk) wrote:
: Dear netters
: Can I have the experienced oppinion of someone that uses routinely Pfu
: polymerase for amplifyng products for cloning. Is it worth to prevent
: mistakes in the PCR? I want to use the PCR product for cloning and then
: expression in E.coli and am afraid of mistakes that can result in
: truncated proteins.
: Thanks
: Domingos

How big is the product? Perkin Elmer says that the error rate of regular
Taq is 1 in 10 000 bp. If you believe them, that's not too many. For some
reason I thought that the error rate was more than that?
Cheers
 --
Shahram Mori					   _/\_
Program in Molecular Biology			  _\  /_