Think you're good at PCR? Try this one!

Michael Cooley szcooley at dale.ucdavis.edu
Wed Jan 18 12:34:16 EST 1995

Mike Morris (mike at medsun.unige.ch) wrote:
: I reckon it's magic. I certainly don't think the 450 bp fragment is
: ss-DNA - that should run slower, shouldn't it? (it certainls does
: in acryl. gels).
:   Could you be getting heterodimers, somehow? Are you amplifying a lot
: of loci, or just a single rearrangement?
: 	Mike

: Division of Medical Genetics       tel (Switzerland) (22) 702.56.94
: CMU, University of Geneva          fax (Switzerland) (22) 702.57.06
: Geneva, Switzerland                email mike at medsun.unige.ch
The 450 bp fragment most certainly could be ssDNA. Is position is
dependent on the gel percentage. But I don't understand the original
problem. I surely would not waste time trying to figure it out.