Semi-Dry blotting problem

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Thu Jan 19 18:47:28 EST 1995

I just bought a Hoefer SemiPhor semi-dry blotting unit and am having a hard
time getting a 14 cm x 16 cm 8.0% polyacrylamide gel on top of the membrane
without making it all squiggily diddily at the top near the wells. If I grab
the gel by the bottom corners, it won't tear, but then I've got hands full and
can't position it. I find it's easy to place a membrane on top of a gel, but
the gel on top of the membrane gives me fits! Is there a slick hands-on trick
for doing this?

* - - -  Methods FAQ list -> http://www.ncifcrf.gov:2001/~pnh/info.html - - - *