RED : anybody done it?

Beth Wapelhorst weazel at
Thu Jan 19 15:15:46 EST 1995

I'm just starting to try out the RED technique (repeat expansion
detection) and I was hoping there was someone out there that had done it

Questions I have (mainly because the paper was very light on the details):
-What protocol did you use for labelling the probe oligos? How much
oligo, etc.
-What sort of apparatus did you use for the electrotransfer?
-How thick were your acrylamide gels in the first place (I suppose this
doesn't matter a whole lot, I'm just curious)
-What was the hyb solution?

weazel at