How to get rid of whiteflies invasion

David R. Rockhold drr at PW.USDA.GOV
Thu Jan 19 10:43:43 EST 1995

Try Enstar 5E by Sandoz - it's a juvenile hormone. Most glasshouse whitefly
populations rapidly develop resistance to all insecticides but this stuff
works. We have also started keeping plants well staked and removed senescent
lower leaves to keep prime habitat to a minimum. Whatever spraying you do
must be thorough, persistent, and must reach the underside of the leaves
where the multiple stages co-exist.

>We have a incredible whiteflies invasion in hour greenhouse and we are loosing
a lot of transgenic tobacco and tomato .....
>Anybody knows how to kill this terrible bug?
>
>Thanks in advance .....
>
>Massimo Delledonne

>|  Massimo Delledonne, PhD
>| Istituto di Genetica vegetale
>|  Universita' Cattolica S.C. Piacenza -ITALY-
>|
>|  Internet  delle at pc.unicatt.it

Dave Rockhold, Microbiologist          Phone 510-559-5722
800 Buchanan Street                    Fax   510-559-5775
Albany, CA  94710