Incomplete RNA transfers

Guan Zhu zhug at news.wadsworth.org
Fri Jan 20 12:03:44 EST 1995

skcbiol (skcbiol at ksu.ksu.edu) wrote:
: I have been having trouble transfering RNA from glyoxyl gels by capillary transfer for northern blots
: I tried to use 50 mM NaOH but that seemed to harm the RNA.  Are there any other acceptable ways to
: improve the efficiency of the transfer?  Please respond to SKCBIOL at ksu.ksu.edu

I have just done the Northen Transfer of my polyA-RNA to nylon membrane without any problem. The protocol I followed is in the manual of mRNA isolation kit from stratagene. Let me know if you are interested in the protocol.

--
Guan Zhu, PhD			(518) 432-9050 (Home)
Wadsworth Center		(518) 474-2187 (Office)
P.O. Box 22002			guan.zhu at wadsworth.org
Albany, NY 12201-2002