Needed:Low MW GFC Std.

Mark Jason Logan mjlogan at
Sun Jan 22 21:37:07 EST 1995

I am looking for a low MW protein to use as a std for gel filtration
chromatograpy.  The lowest one I have found is aprotinin (6,500), I really
need one around 3,200 Da.  I have tried the B-chain of insulin but it
elutes before aprotinin. I am currently using a 0.05M KPO4 (pH 3.72)
buffer.  In the next couple of days I will probably increase the salt
content to  see if that makes insulin behave any better.  In the mean time
I welcome any suggestions that you may have.

Please respond by e-mail to mjlogan at

Thanks in advance