in situ with DIG-riboprobe

CV Laboratory system at cvlab.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 23 18:27:31 EST 1995

Hello.

I have been doing in situ hybridization on carotid arteries using
digoxigenin labelled cDNA.   For some reason, I always get non-specific
binding with sense probe.   When Northern was done to test the antisense
and sense probes,  sense gave strong 18S and 28S band when antisense probe
just gave the expected band.   I raised the temperature at which I
hybridize and wash, but I did not have much luck.    The same thing
happens to another gene which I am interested in.  Does anybody have any
idea why I have such problem, and/or how to solve it?

Thank you very very much.
--SK