What is ASC media? (E.coli longevity)

Justin Powell Genetics jacp1 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 23 13:38:23 EST 1995

I received some E. coli strains three months ago on plates which have "ASC"
written on them.  On our LA these strains (and most others) only seem to
live for about four weeks yet these plates seem fine after three months.

I know "ASC" is not the antibiotic selection, I think it probably refers to
the media type, does anybody have any idea what it might be?  If not does
anyone know of any media which is good for keeping E.coli on plates at 4c
for longer periods of time than is attainable with LA?

Justin