"Live" enzyme fusions

Varyc varyc.mmcri at OFFICE.MMC.ORG
Mon Jan 23 08:20:44 EST 1995

Hi All,
Does anyone know if the GST enzymatic activity is expected to
survive being fused to another polypeptide? We have been trying
to endow fusion proteins with a measurable ( and low
mwt)enzymatic activity with little luck. Problems we've run
into are complexities of processing(BAP fusions) and GST fusions
that appear to bind the gst column but retain little activity
(show very high Km). Any first-hand descriptions of success in
the preparation fusion protein(s) with a measurable ( and low
mwt)enzymatic activity would be appreciated.

Cal Vary