How many copies actin message per fibroblast cell ?

Martin Leach leach at bu.edu
Mon Jan 23 16:13:50 EST 1995

In article <3g12if$6it at apakabar.cc.columbia.edu>, jjm3 at ciao.cc.columbia.edu
(Jeffrey Joseph Martino) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thought this might be the place to ask about actin mRNA levels.
> (always posts about RPA and Northern controls...)
>
> Can't seem to find a reference that measures quantity.  Would
> anyone happen to know an approximate copy number, or % of total or
> poly-A+ RNA, or something like that (or a reference)?
> (a ballpark # is fine, I do realize levels may depend on conditions, etc.)

If my cell biol part of the brain is correct I think it is classed as an
abundant message and >1000 (poss up to 5000 copies)

ML

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
p.s. try BioMOO (virtual biology on the internet - telnet
bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888)
My home page: http://155.41.115.114/Leach.html