Best E.coli strain(s) for GST-expression (re. minimum proteolysis)

Zal Suldan Z-Suldan at
Tue Jan 24 08:41:15 EST 1995

I've found that the amount of proteolysis really depends on the protein
being overexpressed. I do most of my gst-fusion expression in JM109s
just out of convenience (that's what we put most of our constructs into
just out of routine) but sometimes I'll switch to a protease deficient
strain. (I think it's BL21 we use mostly). Often there is a decrease in
degredation, but not always. Just luck of the draw, I bet.