"Current Protocols..": how many volume?

Terence bclong at uxmail.ust.hk
Wed Jan 25 07:02:05 EST 1995

Hello.

I just want to order the following book:

	Current protocols in molecular biology,
	by Ausubel, FM; Brent, R; Kingston, RE; Moore, DD; Seidman, JG
	Smith, JA; Struhl, K. from John Wiley and Sons, 1991

However, upon checking with the book store, I found out that there is
a book:

 Short protocols in molecular biology : a compendium of methods
   from Current protocols in molecular biology / edited by
   Frederick M. Ausubel ... [et al.]
 2nd ed. (1992)

So, is this the second edition of the first, or a shoter version?

Any owner of the above books can answer me this question?

Thx in advance!

Terence

Dept Biochem
HKU of Sci and Tech