Big quick dirty plant DNA extraction protocol wanted

Brendan Carson bcarson at csuvax1.murdoch.edu.au
Fri Jan 27 03:07:11 EST 1995

I'm analysing over three hundred lines of transformed tobacco plants,
but the DNA extraction protocol I'm using is slow and I think
needlessly complex.  I need the DNA for Southern blotting and for PCR.
Does anyone know of a simple method that will enable me (background in
palaeontology starting a mol biol PhD so I'm pretty bloody ignorant) to
extract the DNA from the leaves?  I'm analysing six lines at a time,
but if the method is good, I can speed things up.

Thanx in advance, Brendan Carson.

bcarson at csuvax1.murdoch.edu.au