help about adaptor synthesis

Brad Nicholson brad at corona.med.utah.edu
Sat Jan 28 18:29:49 EST 1995

In article <3gbo9d$3uu at news.iastate.edu>, qfdong at iastate.edu (Qunfeng Dong)
wrote:

 >Hello,there:
 >
 >  Does anyone have any experience to synthesize adaptor?
   <Snip>
 >  Thanks in advance!
 >
 >Qunfeng.

Hello Qunfeng,
See "Use of conversion adaptors to clone antigen genes in lambda gt11."
Stover, Vodkin & Oaks. 1987. Analytical Biochemistry 163, 398-407.
Basicly they mixed complementary oligos in equimolar concentrations (the
duplex DNA concentraion adjusted to 20 microM) in 25 miliM Tris-HCL 8.0, 10
miliM MgCl2.  They then heated the mixtures to 95 C and cooled to room
temperature slowly (~ 1 hr.)  [Taken near verbatim from p. 400 of article.]
Mistakes are mine and not the authors.
Good Luck
Brad

Brad Nicholson              |"If it worked the first time, it wouldn't be
Department of Pathology     |	research."...Brad Nicholson
University of Utah          |	Live from behind the Zion Curtian.
Salt Lake City, UT 84132    |
brad at corona.med.utah.edu    |
or: (801)-581-4365          | My opinions are solely my own.