Image analysis problems and solutions

Mic Chaudoir mic at
Fri Jan 27 20:29:50 EST 1995

In article <3g8k13$i0b at>, pramm at wrote:

> I am writing a book about image analysis instrumentation, software, and
imaging techniques in
> biological science.  My company (Imaging Research Inc.) is also
developing an image analysis
> web server.  I am trying to identify common analytical problems that
need discussion in the book
> and on the web.  Therefore, I am asking for comments (e-mail might be
best) about the imaging
> instruments and image analysis software that you have used.   Are there
specific strengths and
> weaknesses of the instrumentation and software, that affect the quality
(e.g. accuracy,
> repeatability) of data gathered in your lab?

The most common problem that I see people having is PC use.  Stay away
from PCs and you'll be fine :-)

mic at
"It [PowerPC Mac] won't have any effect at all on Intel machines.
They will continue to plod along, running the same clunky Windows              and wretched DOS drivel they always have.  The PPC will affect Intel PCs the same way an SR-71 Blackbird affects a dairy cow."
                     Robert Rhode, in comp.sys.mac.advocacy