Is pcr derived sequence acceptable for publication?

M.E. Hudson meh2 at leicester.ac.uk
Sun Jan 29 12:38:26 EST 1995

I am planning to isolate cDNA sequence which may at some point be
used in transforming plants. It would be necessary to publish the
sequence if the work was ever published. Consequently, I have been
warned off using pcr methods such as inverse pcr or amplifying cDNA
by using homopolymer tailing and oligo dT + dC primers. Is it true
that pcr sequence is regarded as dubious, does this apply to pcr
using polymerases with proofreading activity and to conventionally
cloned fragments sequenced by pcr, and is the taq error rate
significant compared to that of dideoxy sequencing?

Thanks in advance.