biotin/alkaline phos/background

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcs260c2.ncifcrf.gov
Mon Jan 30 18:14:13 EST 1995

 In article <D2zEw0.qwH at ns1.nodak.edu>
 jweiland at badlands.NoDak.edu (John J Weiland) writes:

> Most protocols I have read where a biotinylated probe is used give the
> black box method of using "the manufacturers blocking reagent" for there
> alk-phos colorimetric detection systems.  Anyone have a good recipe for
> hybridization/blocking reagents (or a reference) for use with alk-phos
> systems?  Thanks!
>
> John		jweiland at badlands.nodak.edu

I'm using the Tropix chemiluminescent detection kit which uses something called
I-Block. I think this is actually a purified form of casein and may be similar
to the blotto technique. Anyone try different blockers with streptavidin -
alkaline phosphatase?

* - - -  Methods FAQ list -> http://www.ncifcrf.gov:2001/~pnh/info.html - - - *