luciferase clone wanted

Randy Haun rhaun at
Tue Jan 31 11:27:19 EST 1995

In article <9500307915.AA791514934 at> roesslep at TCPLINK.NREL.GOV writes:
>From: roesslep at TCPLINK.NREL.GOV
>Subject: luciferase clone wanted
>Date: 30 Jan 1995 16:15:13 -0800
>     Has anyone by chance constructed a luciferase gene that has an NcoI
>     (or compatible) site on the 5' end?
>     Cheers,
>     Paul Roessler
>     National Renewable Energy Lab
>     Golden, Colorado USA
>     paulr at

Do you want to use this construct for promoter analysis (i.e., are you going
to clone a putative promoter element 5' to the luciferase gene and measure
luciferase activity after transfection)?  If so, I have a luciferase
construct that can be used for this purpose that does not rely upon the
presence of any particular restriction site.  The method requires the
amplification of the promoter element using vector specific primers.  If you
are interested in the method/vector, let me know.

Randy Haun
rhaun at