Source of restriction enzyme CviJI

Roger F. Anderson rander at cco.caltech.edu
Mon Jan 30 21:49:07 EST 1995

curtis at UTMSI.ZO.UTEXAS.EDU (CURTIS SUTTLE) writes:

>The enzyme is produced by MegaBAse Incorporated of Lincoln, Nebraska.
>Sorry, don't have a phone number, but I've forwarded your message to a
>colleague in Lincoln who will be able to provide the information.

>                   _
>   Q              |  \
>   |\             |---\--\
>   | \            |_____OO\________        Curtis Suttle
>   |__\___________/________/______/        Marine Science Inst
>    \ o o o o         LONGHORN O /         Univ of Texas @ Austin
>     \                        VV/          Port Aransas  TX 78373
>~~~~~~\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~  curtis at utmsi.zo.utexas.edu
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>On 26 Jan 1995, Bill Kimmerly wrote:

>> At the DOE Human Genome Contractor's Meeting in Santa fe this
>> past November I heard a talk discussing the use of an enzyme called
>> CviJI in creating "random" blunt-end fragments from a large target.
>> The enzyme's specificity was RC/GY > RC/GR > YC/GY.  Yes, I know
>> it is not truly random, nevertheless I am interested in exploring its
>> utilty in library construction.  Does anyone know of a commercial source
>> of this enzyme?  Any first-hand experience, recommendations, do's & don't's
>> are, of course also welcome.  Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bill Kimmerly
>> Staff Scientist
>> Human Genome Center
>> Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
>> kimmerly at genome.lbl.gov

THis enzyme is available from Molecular Biology Resources in Milwaukee.
They tell me that it can be made to cut between every CG pair!

MBR
5520 West Burleigh St.
Milwaukee, WI 53210

(800) 626-7873 or (414)871-7199
FAX (414) 871-1273

They are also an OEM supplier for some of your favorite companies.

Cheers,

Roger ANderson
Publisher Anderson's Timesaving Comparative Guide Restriction Enzyme Edition
New 1995 vol1 just finished.

Caltech does not own or endorse this product.
Since I am a grad student here they own me.