Quantitative PCR machine?

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Tue Jan 31 18:09:47 EST 1995

 In article <3fnn65$olu at nntp1.u.washington.edu>
 griley at u.washington.edu (George Riley) writes:

| About a year or two ago, some company was doing a seminar on a machine
| for quantitating PCR.  The machine was basically a clever device for
| detecting the quantity of DNA from a PCR reaction.  Because it was VERY
| sensitive and had a wide range of linearity, you could do a single
| reaction and quantitate the product over several orders of magnitude of
| final product.
|
| Anyone recall the company?

I'm not sure what kind of "machine" you are talking about or what
exactly the "clever technique" is, but I'm pretty sure one method
of quantitation is by electrochemiluminescence.

@article{Blackburn1991,
author = "G. F. Blackburn
     and H. P. Shah
     and J. H. Kenten
     and J. Leland
     and R. A. Kamin
     and J. Link
     and J. Peterman
     and M. J. Powell
     and A. Shah
     and D. B. Talley
     and S. K. Tyagi
     and E. Wilkins
     and T.-G. Wu
     and R. J. Massey",
title = "Electrochemiluminescence detection for development
of immunoassays and {DNA} probe assays for clinical diagnostics",
journal = "Clin. Chem.",
volume = "37",
number = "9",
pages = "1534-1539",