ABI-sequencer

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Mon Jan 30 12:11:00 EST 1995

In article <9501271604.AA17085 at viro1.viro.uni-erlangen.de>,
ensser at viro.med.uni-erlangen.de (Armin Ensser) wrote:

> We are currently in the process of purchasing a DNA-sequencing machine.
> As the costs for reagents, repair and service will be a major point in our decision, we would be interested in experiences from current users.
> How are the experiences with ABI-sequencers concerning frequencies of machine failure, repair, laser lifetime (pretty expensive?!)...?

so far we've had ours for a year with no major problems.  the only minor
problem we had was the lead screw in the laser motor stage was getting a
little noisy.  30 minutes of mantenance and it was fine with no other
problems.  granted it is pretty expensive, but it works like a charm for
us.

good luck,
eric

--
*these are your important years     *
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
st. louis, mo 63110