Non-radioactive Quantitative RT-PCR

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Sun Jan 29 17:15:34 EST 1995

Ann Kleinschmidt (akleinsc at bio7.alleg.edu) wrote:
: Howdy,

: I am currently putting together an upper level molecular biology
: laboratory to accompany a course called gene regulation.  I would like to
: use RT PCR to quantitate mRNA expression.  Most of the techniques I have
: seen require the use of radioactivity in the amplification reaction.  Are
: there any techniques available that a reasonably sensitive but don't
: require the use of radioactivity? I would appreciate any references you
: might have on this topic.

: Thanks.

: Ann Kleinschmidt
: Assistant Professor of Biology
: Allegheny College
: Meadville, PA 16335
: (814) 332-2386
: akleinsc at alleg.edu

How about buying a silver stain kit and looking at the DNA that way. It's not
sensitive but will be safe.
Cheers
--
Shahram Mori					   _/\_