How to import MD PhosphorImager images?

phillip buckhaults buckhaults at
Sun Jul 2 13:09:14 EST 1995

In article <3t8tr5$8qc at>, jkortes at (Jarkko
Kortesmaa) wrote:

> Dear netters,
> Is is possible to export images from the ImageQuaNT program of Molecular
> Dynamics PhosphorImager?
> I would like to paste the images into a WinWord document.
> --
> Jarkko Kortesmaa                Dept. of Biochemistry and Biocenter Oulu
> jkortes at            University of Oulu
>                                 Finland

The Molecular Dynamics Software has a "Convert" option (under the file
menu, i think) which converts the file from 16 bit to 8 bit data.  The
output file still has the .gel extension, but is actually a .tiff file
that most word programs will read.  The file somehow has less information
after the conversion, so you should do any quantitation on the origional
file, but the screen display and printouts look the same (at least to me).
Phillip Buckhaults
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center
Life Science Building
University of Georgia
Athens Georgia 30602 (706) 542-1701

               "Let us not confuse effort with achievement"